[mpich-discuss] hydra_pmi_proxy: No such file

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 2 15:39:19 CDT 2012

On 10/02/2012 03:27 PM, Martin Gilchrist wrote:
> I can ssh into the node and hydra_pmi_proxy is visible and executable.
> And when I am logged into the node directly it is visible and executable.

Both those statement sound identical.  Did you mean to add a "not"
somewhere there?

> One more thing, when I am directly logged into the node and do
> mpiexec -n 2 -f machinefile ./cpi
> I get the message:
> bash:/mirror/mpich2/bin/mpiexec:No such file or directory.
> It looks like it might be an issue with permissions since bash can't
> find the executable, but it is visible via which and has executable
> permission under ls -lat.

This is not an executable permission issue.  It should say "Permission
denied" for that, not "No such file or directory".

Can you send me the following output?

% ls -l /mirror/mpich2/bin/mpiexec

% /mirror/mpich2/bin/mpiexec -n 2 -f machinefile ./cpi

I'm having trouble believing that you can see the file, but are getting
the following error, so I'd like to see that myself :-).  Of course,
it's always possible that it's some weird NFS-ness that I'm not aware of.

  -- Pavan