[mpich-discuss] hydra_pmi_proxy: No such file

Martin Gilchrist gilchrist.martin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 15:27:16 CDT 2012

I've got mpich2 installed at /mirror/mpich2  which is on nfs shared by all nodes, so I don't think I have to install mpich2 on the additional nodes.

I can ssh into the node and hydra_pmi_proxy is visible and executable.  And when I am logged into the node directly it is visible and executable.

One more thing, when I am directly logged into the node and do
mpiexec -n 2 -f machinefile ./cpi
I get the message:

bash:/mirror/mpich2/bin/mpiexec:No such file or directory.

It looks like it might be an issue with permissions since bash can't find the executable, but it is visible via which and has executable permission under ls -lat.

Martin