[mpich-discuss] hydra_pmi_proxy: No such file

Martin Gilchrist gilchrist.martin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 14:30:16 CDT 2012

Hi.

This is my first time using mpi-discuss, so if this is the wrong location for my question please let me know.

I am trying to run the "cpi" program and am getting the message:

 bash: /mirror/mpich2/bin/hydra_pmi_proxy: No such file or directory.

I have set up a 2 machine "cluster" using the directions from the Ubuntu documentation at:

   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MpiClusterUbuntu

I can ssh into each machine from the other.

which mpiexec

returns

/mirror/mpich2/bin/mpiexec

so the file is there.

My guess is that hydra should be running on all nodes but when I do a ps aux | grep hydra  I do not see that it is running.

Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks.
Martin