[mpich-discuss] do not get mpif90 after building mpich2 in linux

Michael Seman seman at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 7 03:58:54 CST 2012

I have built mpich2 version 1.2.1p1 before with gcc in Centos 4.8.
No problems arose way back then.
Now I see that after that, the configuration flags were changed,
dropping "F90" in favour of "FC".  I have a certain package that uses
mpich2, and changed the relevant parts its build script as follows:
	FC=ifort
	F77=ifort
	CC=icc
CFLAGS="-fPIC -O"
FFLAGS="-fPIC -fno-second-underscore -O"
export FC CC CFLAGS FFLAGS F77
FLAGS="--prefix=${BUILD_DIR} --enable-threads --enable-sharedlibs=gcc \
	--enable-shared --enable-f77 --enable-fc --enable-cxx"
./configure ${FLAGS} && \
	make clean && \
	make && \
	make install

But after it finishes, there is no mpif90 command created.
If I do 'ls mpi*' in the mpich2 bin subdirectory, I get these:
mpic++
mpicc
mpicxx
mpiexec
mpiexec.hydra
mpif77
mpirun

I am using Scientific Linux 6 64-bit with Intel compilers version 11.1,
and mpich2 version 1.3