[mpich-discuss] MPICH install Fail on XP HOME SP3

Abrego, Celestino Celestino.Abrego at parsons.com
Thu May 10 11:29:23 CDT 2012

(See below) First two fails are with firewall on allowing MPI process manager and process launcher.  Last pair of failures are with firewall off completely.  Initially, my account did not have a password and I could not validate but I figured out that I needed a password.

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec -validate SUCCESS

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec.exe -n 2 cpi launch failed: FAIL launch failed: FAIL Error posting readv, An established connection was aborted by the software in yo ur host machine.(10053)

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec -n 2 asusnetbook; mpiexec -n 2 cpi launch failed: FAIL launch failed: FAIL Error posting readv, An established connection was aborted by the software in yo ur host machine.(10053)

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec -n 2 asusnetbook; mpiexec -n 2 cpi launch failed: FAIL launch failed: FAIL

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec.exe -n 2 cpi launch failed: FAIL launch failed: FAIL

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>

Celestino Abrego