[mpich-discuss] MPICH install Fail on XP HOME SP3

Abrego, Celestino Celestino.Abrego at parsons.com
Thu May 10 10:29:48 CDT 2012

I am in the process of troubleshooting a problem that I was having with
MCNPX program.  My idea was that there was a firewall on my primary
system preventing MPI to run properly.  I am not working on a netbook
now with XP home SP3 and I cannot get cpi example to run properly.

I am the only user on this computer, therefore I am the administrator.

I get this message for each process I am trying to run.

"Launch filed: FAIL"

Through some digging I found someone with a similar problems and the
board asked for log files.  I have attached those, but I am not really
sure what to look for.  MPICH2 Configuration wrapper indicates an error-
"MPICH2 not installed or unable to query host".

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MPICH2 with no changes.

Any ideas?

Celestino Abrego