[mpich-discuss] Detecting process exit

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 31 18:30:17 CDT 2012

Hi Steve,

On 03/31/2012 03:14 PM, Steve Krueger wrote:
> I added your changes into my 1.4.1p1 version. It helps, and makes the
> case work where the ranks are on the same machine, but did not
> work when the ranks were on different machines. Does that work
> for you? If so, I might have missed one of your changes, or something
> else in 1.4.1p1 is not compatible with your changes.

Yes, it does seem to work fine on multiple nodes for me, but I'm using
trunk not 1.4.1p1.  Can you try downloading the entire mpiexec tarball
and run your application?

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/nightly/hydra/

You can continue to use your mpicc from the 1.4.1p1 installation.

If this works for you, we'll know that some other fix that went in after
1.4.1p1 was released is required.

  -- Pavan