[mpich-discuss] Fatal error when testing MPICH2 installation

Yaoyu HU huyaoyu1986 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:33:20 CDT 2012

Pavan Balaji,

Thanks+ACE I tried to shutdown the fire wall on the Windows 7 machines. But
the problem was still there.

Later, I found a tutorial file about parallel computing with
virutualbox, and solved the problem. It is because I did not handle
the /etc/hosts file properly. There should not be a line like the
follows:

127.0.1.1    vnode01

or,

127.0.1.1    vnode02

After the modification, everything works well+ACE

Thanks again+ACE