[mpich-discuss] Jumpshot to visualize csv files

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 10 13:45:04 CST 2012

The simplest route is to merge the cvs files into the ASCII text
file format that slogsdk understands and then converts the text format
to slog2 file and using the convertor, textlogTOslog2, provided by slog2sdk.
The latest documentation for the ASCII text file format can be found here

https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk/src/mpe2/src/slog2sdk/trace_sample/README

Sample ASCII text logfile is here

https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk/src/mpe2/src/slog2sdk/trace_sample/logfiles/data1.txt

There is some recent significant change to these ASCII text format in the respository
that has not made to the mpich2's stable release, 1.4.x.  So you may want to check out slog2sdk
and build it yourself.

svn co https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk/src/mpe2/src/slog2sdk <slog2sdk_home>
(cd <slog2sdk && ./autogen.sh)
mkdir <build>
cd <build>
../slog2sdk/configure --disable-source --prefix=<....>
make
make install

A.Chan