[mpich-discuss] mpich2 compilation with intel only

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 27 18:12:42 CDT 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 3:09 PM MDT, David Riethmiller wrote:

> If I remove -no-gcc from my configure shell script, the configure is successful, which leads me to my next question:
>
> Is this still considered a true Intel build, even if I've used gcc to build it? From here on will the Intel compilers will run my mpi calls, or will the GNU compiler set continue to be used?

When you use "icc -no-gcc", AIUI all you are doing is telling icc to stop pretending to be GCC.  Otherwise, with the "-no-gcc" option omitted, icc will fib a little bit and claim to be GCC in its default preprocessor definitions.  This fib is mostly harmless, and generally helpful, since the Intel compiler's front-end is supposed to be compatible with GCC's front-end.

-Dave