[mpich-discuss] mpich2 compilation with intel only

David Riethmiller rieth at phy.ohiou.edu
Wed Jun 27 16:53:04 CDT 2012

Whoops...you're right, that was supposed to be ifort.

Here's the actual successful configure script:

#! bin/sh

CDIR=/opt/intel/
FDIR=/opt/intel/fc/10.1.008/

sh ${CDIR}/bin/iccvars.sh ia32
sh ${CDIR}/bin/compilervars.sh ia32
sh ${FDIR}/bin/ifortvars.sh

./configure \
     --prefix=/Volumes/SecondHD/rieth/mpich2_intel \
     CC=icc \
     CFLAGS="-m32 -I${CDIR}/include" \
     CXX=icpc \
     CXXFLAGS="-m32 -I${CDIR}/include" \
     FC=ifort \
     FCFLAGS="-m32 -I${FDIR}/include" \
     F77=ifort \
     FFLAGS="-m32 -I${FDIR}/include" \
     LDFLAGS="-L${CDIR}/lib -L${FDIR}/lib" \
     2>&1 | tee c.txt

But my previous question still stands; even though I see the line
"checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes" in my
configure output, have I still actually built an Intel version of
mpich2?

Thanks,
Dave