[mpich-discuss] some questions about MPI

toufik hadjazi h_toufik7 at hotmail.fr
Wed Jul 25 11:22:41 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on windows 7 using mpich2-1.4.1-p1. during that, I encountered some problems, which are:

1/ I wanted to configure a MFC project with MPI using the usual configuration but during the compilation some errors appeared like:"'CDialogEx' : base class undefined
c:\users\toufik\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\mfcapp\mfcapp\mfcappdlg.h" which didn't appear before the configuration. I don't know if there is some extra
options to adjust or it follows another method of configuration.

2/ Since MPI_Publish_Name doesn't work across applications, I want that MPI_Open_port opens a predetermined port (not some random port), when I digged a little, I found
that there is an environment variable MPI_PORT_RANGE whom could do it, when i tried it (mpiexec -env MPI_PORT_RANGE 1000..1000), nothing happened.

3/ I have to launch my application in a remote node but that didn't work giving me the error message: "unable to connect to otherNode". what could be the problem,
knowing that, all firewalls are off and all nodes have the same version of windows 7 and of mpich2.

so, could anyone give some tips to help me with these questions? and thanks.
Toufik.