[mpich-discuss] Latency tests on different sockets and different nodes

BAKER, MYLES D. (LARC-E302) myles.d.baker at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 18 08:10:11 CDT 2012

Is there a way to specify which sockets and which nodes I want to run processes on?

I have a small test file to measure latency when using message passing. My hostfile is setup like this:

interactive_node:4
slave_node1:4
slave_node2:4
slave_node3:4
slave_node4:4

If I want to instantiate two processes to run this latency testing program on, how can I use mpiexec to do this?

> mpiexec -l -np 2 -l latency

Seems to randomly choose between available nodes. If I can use the -host option, but it doesn't allow me to specify specific cores. Do I need to change the machine/host file, or is there an additional command to help with this? I am using 1.2.1p1 mpiexec.

Thanks,
Myles

BAKER, MYLES D. (LARC-E302)
Mail Stop 420, B1250 R177