[mpich-discuss] References for FORTRAN

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:19:24 CST 2012

Hi

Here are some references in MPI+Fortran.

1) The LLNL MPI tutorial has some [light weight] MPI examples in Fortran:
https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/mpi/

2) NCCS tutorials & references:
http://www.nccs.gov/user-support/training-education/hpcparallel-computing-links/
http://www.nccs.gov/user-support/training-education/hpcparallel-computing-links/mpi-examples
An early version in Fortran of Peter Pacheco's book:
ladon.iqfr.csic.es/docs/MPI_ug_in_FORTRAN.pdf

3) Matrix multiplication:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/usingmpi/examples/simplempi/main.htm
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/usingmpi/examples/simplempi/f90/matmat_f90.htm

4) 2D Diffusion PDE solved by the Jacobi method [illustrates the use of cartesian
domain decomposition and PDE solver in MPI+Fortran]:
 http://beige.ucs.indiana.edu/I590/node71.html

If you want really to go for large codes [my bias is ocean/atmosphereclimate]
there are several which are publically available, mostly written in Fortran, with a few bits in C:

5) weather forecast:
http://www.wrf-model.org/index.php

6) coupled climate model:
http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/

7) ocean general circulation and regional models:
http://mitgcm.org/
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/fms
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/fms

8) molecular dynamics: