[mpich-discuss] where error occurred in MPI function?

Gopal Rastogi gopalrastogi.mmmec at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:43:14 CST 2012

Hello,

 The problem is to search a password into a big file of size about 10GB
using MPI. I divided the file between different processes of chunk
size of (Total
number of bytes in file / P) where p is the number of processes to create
and applying my searching logic in each process through a loop parallely. I
want to stop other processes when one process find a solution. so to abort
the other processes execution i used the following approach

      1.  approach is to use a flag and set it whenever any process find
its solution. After setting this flag send it to all the other processes
using non-blocking send/recv/Iprobe funtion. Then check this flag by each
process using if(flag == 1) break; and do so. After doing this i am getting
following error massages at the end of program execution ....assume p =4
here,

*** An error occurred in MPI_Finalize
*** after MPI was finalized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
[abc:3908] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to
guarantee that all other processes were killed!
*** An error occurred in MPI_Finalize
*** after MPI was finalized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
[abc:3910] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to
guarantee that all other processes were killed!
*** An error occurred in MPI_Finalize
*** after MPI was finalized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
*** An error occurred in MPI_Finalize
*** after MPI was finalized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
[abc:3911] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to
guarantee that all other processes were killed!
[abc:3912] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to
guarantee that all other processes were killed!

Can any one tell me why i am getting error and how we can remove it??
Please its urgent....
Thanks in advance!!!