[mpich-discuss] unable to run MPMD with mpirun.

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 18 13:14:26 CST 2012

MPICH 1.2.7 is very old and unsupported.  Please use the latest stable version: MPICH2 1.4.1p1.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downloads

Your linux distribution may have a binary package for MPICH2.  Try installing "mpich2-devel" and "mpich2" using yum or apt-get.

What you're trying to do does work with mpiexec in modern versions of MPICH2.

-d