[mpich-discuss] Any way to fire atexit(3) callbacks before MPI_Abort?

Rhys Ulerich rhys.ulerich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:42:46 CST 2012

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way to (automatically or manually) execute
atexit(3) callbacks whenever MPI_Abort is called?

I have seen the portions of the MPI_Abort/MPI_Finalize documentation
("Allowing User Functions at Process Termination") suggesting adding
cleanup attributes to MPI_COMM_SELF, but I am hoping for a way to make
the usual POSIX thing do the usual POSIX thing.  Built into that
expectation is me equating calling MPI_Abort with calling a very fancy
exit(3).

Thanks,
Rhys