[mpich-discuss] running mpich2 on windows 7

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 10:58:54 CST 2012

Bruce,
 It looks like your MPICH2 installation did not complete successfully (Since you are requested the passphrase each time you run a job).
 I would recommend the following,

# Uninstall your existing version of MPICH2 (Add/Remove Programs)
# Install MPICH2 following the instructions in Section 9.4 (NOT 9.1) of the "MPICH2 Installer's guide" (available at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs)
# Try running a simple job ("mpiexec -n 2 hostname") and when prompted for your username/password enter a valid Windows username/password.

 Let us know if it works.

Regards,
Jayesh