[mpich-discuss] problem with mpiexec while running parallel execution

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 16:03:45 CST 2012

Dear sir/madam,

I am running a
parallel execution (pw.x) on a SLURM LINUX interface  and once I run the command
sbatch filename.srm, the calculation starts running and then stops with the
follwing error:

"mpiexec_veredas5: cannot connect to local mpd

 (/tmp/mpd2.console_sushil);
possible causes:

  1. no mpd
is running on this host

 2. an mpd is
running but was started without a "console" (-n option)

 In case 1, you
can start an mpd on this host with:

    mpd
&

 and you will be
able to run jobs just on this host.

 For more details
on starting mpds on a set of hosts, see

 the MPICH2
Installation Guide."

The script is executed using the package of quantum Espresso (QE). You will find below the script I am using to run the QE: The architecture is an INTEL based cluster.
" #!/bin/bash
#SBATCH -o
/home_cluster/fis718/eliemouj/espresso-4.3.2/GB72/GB72-script.scf.out

#SBATCH -N 1

#SBATCH --nodelist=veredas13

#SBATCH -J scf-GB72-ph

#SBATCH --account=fis718

#SBATCH --partition=long

#SBATCH --get-user-env

#SBATCH -e GB72ph.scf.fit.err

/opt/mpi/mpibull2-1.3.9-18.s/bin/mpiexec /home_cluster/fis718eliemouj/espresso-4.3-2/bin/pw.x
<GB72ph.scf.in >GB72ph.scf.out"
Please can anyone tell me what might be going wrong and how to fix this. I am not that professional in LINUX; I would appreciate a rather detailed solution for the problem or if possible where can I find such a solution. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Elie Moujaes