[mpich-discuss] Can't find libpthread.a file

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 27 11:29:43 CDT 2012

MPICH2 does not provide libmpi.a, it provides libmpich.a or the .so
version.  You should modify LAMMPS to use MPI compiler wrapper(mpicc/mpif90)
to compile/link.  The compiler wrapper will take care of the locations
of various libraries.  BTW, pthread library should be provided by
your system.

A.Chan