[mpich-discuss] different directories for each process using host file

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 27 09:49:59 CDT 2012

Hi,
 SMPD is the process manager supported on Windows (MPICH2 install using Windows installers).
 You can find all the options available with mpiexec (SMPD) in the Windows developer's guide (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs).

>> Is it possible to use a host file to specify a separate working directory for each process?
  Can you try running your job as an MPMD program (mpiexec -host host1 -dir c:\host1_dir1 test.exe : -host host2 -dir c:\host2_dir2 test.exe )?

>> Should I only use one process for each host and let MPICH2 decide how to distribute threads among the cores or should I use as many processes as I have cores?
 It is recommended to launch as many processes as there are cores on each host.

Regards,
Jayesh