[mpich-discuss] smpd ask password on Windows

Fabio fabio.pinna.2006 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 02:53:01 CDT 2012

Dear all,
I am new to MPI and while trying to get PETSc library working I
stumbled upon a problem with mpich.
I have windows 7 and I installed MPICH in binary form. The installer
says the installation was succesfull, nevrtheless if I try to rrun
something similar to

mpiexec --localonly -n 2 ./ex5 -snes_monitor

I have smpd asking for password, Unfortunately it does not accept the
passoword i set in the installation process.
On top of that I would like to run a "make test" for PETSc but as long
as smpd is looking for an authorization the petsc test get stucked.
What can I do??
Thank you very much

Fabio