[mpich-discuss] ndefined reference to `MPI_Send'

Omid Alizadeh Choobari omid.alizadehchoobari at pg.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 13 01:56:07 CDT 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have installed mpich2-1.4.1p1 with PGI compiler at /home/oal14/mpich.
I need to install Prep_sources_chem with PGI compiler which needs mpich libraries:
These are the addresses of MPICH that I set in the /home/oal14/prep_new/Prep_sources_chem_cptec_wrf/utils/bin/include.mk  before make:
#---------------LINUX Portland Group pgf77/gcc--------------------
PI_PATH=/home/oal14/mpich
PAR_INCS=-I$(MPI_PATH)/include
PAR_LIBS=-L$(MPI_PATH)/lib -lmpich
PAR_DEFS=-DRAMS_MPI

The firs step ws successful and as expected "libutils-2.0-opt.a" is built.
Then I went to /home/oal14/prep_new/Prep_sources_chem_cptec_wrf/bin directory and typed make

I have worked more than two weeks on it, but all the time it gets error about undefined reference to `MPI_Send'

undefined reference to `MPI_Bsend'
and so on. I have attached make.log for your consideration. It seems to me it cannot find mpich libraries, but I set the path of both in the "include,mk" and in .bashrc
I really appreciate if you could advise me if you know a solution for this problem.

Kindest regards,
Omid

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.