[mpich-discuss] Questions about "Configure"

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 9 10:28:43 CDT 2011

That is odd!  The same test in top-level mpich2 worked but the one
in src/openpa failed!  Both config.guess in src/openpa and top-level
contain entry to cygwin (openpa's config.guess is newer).  Can you redo
configure as follows:

> cd /tmp/wadakazusige/mpich2-1.4.1
> /home/wadakazusige/libraries/mpich2-1.4.1/configure CC=gcc --prefix=/home/wadakazusige/mpich2-install 2>&1 | tee c.txt

See if it works.  If it fails similarly, add "--build=i686-pc-cygwin" and see if
things work.

A.Chan