[mpich-discuss] Compiling shared libraries with Fortran 77 compiler and unexpected option

Thomas Jahns jahns at dkrz.de
Tue Sep 6 05:08:46 CDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using
- NAG Fortran 5.2.747 (nagfor) for F77/F90 sources with
- gcc 4.6 for C and as "driver" for nagfor and
- g++ 4.6

on Debian squeeze. And tried to build mpich2 1.4.1

Unfortunately the configure-script of mpich2 has its own idea of what F77_SHL
should look like and produces a configuration that fails to produce a shared
libmpich, libmpichf90 amdn libfmpich. I therefore made a patch to the top-level
configure to accept a user-provided argument like

./configure F77=nagfor F77_SHL="nagfor -PIC"

in preference to trying out several pre-configured alternatives as is the case
now. With this patch one can set the PIC-F77-compiler.

Please notify me if the attached patch[1] is or is not acceptable to mpich2.

Ciao, Thomas

1: apply with patch -p1 <mpich2-1.4.1-f77_shl.patch when in the top-level source
directory
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151