[mpich-discuss] Problem with LD_PRELOAD does not works with mpich2!

Sandra Mendez sandra.mendez at caos.uab.es
Fri Oct 21 13:19:19 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm testing an I/O tracing but it does not work with mpich2. When execute
the application with my I/O tracing it reports the following error:

smendez at node1:~$ /home/smendez/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun -genv LD_PRELOAD
/home/smendez/libpas2p/bin/libpas2p-mpich.so -f /home/smendez/maquinas1 -n 4
/home/smendez/fuentesTest/pruebaPAS2P
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH

When it executes without "-genv LD_PRELOAD
/home/smendez/libpas2p/bin/libpas2p-mpich.so" the program run correctly.

The "libpas2p-mpich.so" was compiled with

/home/smendez/mpich2-install/bin/mpicc -shared -ldl -fPIC ./libpas2p-io.c -o
bin/libpas2p.so

also mpich was configured with

./configure --prefix=/home/smendez/mpich2-install --enable-shared
--enable-sharedlib

make

make install

Somebody can be help me?