[mpich-discuss] jumpshot error converting .rlog to .slog2...

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 3 12:24:20 CDT 2011

Your configure output, c.txt, for TRACE_RLOG seems to suggest
your machine does not have JNI header files, i.e. your linux box
needs to have Java Development Kit and not just the Java Runtime.
If you hava JDK installed but it is in non-standard location, you
could set it through configure option --with-java=<JDK_HOME_DIR>.

You c.txt has:
Configuring TRACE_RLOG implementation with ....
checking for javah in user's PATH... found /usr/bin/javah
checking if /usr exists... yes
checking for <jni.h> include flag... no
checking for javah in user's PATH... found /usr/bin/X11/javah
checking if /usr/bin exists... yes
checking for <jni.h> include flag... no
checking for javah in known path... found /usr/bin/javah
checking if /usr exists... yes
checking for <jni.h> include flag... no
configure: WARNING:  Invalid JNI include dir, exit!

On a linux box that has valid JNI, you should see these test results as follows:

checking for javah in user's PATH... found /usr/bin/javah
checking if /usr exists... yes
checking for <jni.h> include flag... no
checking for javah in known path... found /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin/javah
checking if /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk exists... yes
checking for <jni.h> include flag... found -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/include -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/include/linux
checking for <jni.h> usability... yes

comment inlined below: