[mpich-discuss] How to specify the "--save-all" option when using blcr to checkpoint apps in mpich2-1.4.1p1?

Wei Jiang jiangwei at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:08:18 CST 2011

Hi,

I was using blcr library with mpich2 to checkpoint/restart my applications.
It is working well when I restart the apps on the same set of nodes.
But when I use a different node (or set of nodes) to restart, the
restarting process just hangs there.

I looked at the BLCR documentation and it is mentioned that the
"--save-all" flag should be specified with using a different node (or set
of nodes) to re-run the saved apps.

So I was wondering that whether mpich2 provides such a "--save-all" option
to enable blcr calls when I use mpiexec? If so, how should I specify that?

Thanks very much!

Thanks~

--
-- Wei