[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 for ARM

Harald Schuster schuster at technikum-wien.at
Thu Nov 10 03:33:22 CST 2011

Hi

I use MPICH2 on my normal Linux PC and it works fine. My next goal is to
run MPICH2 on a arm926 (am1707) which is simulated in SimSoc and where a
normal linux OS is running. The linux is compiled with the buildroot
2010.05 and I use the arm-linux-gcc 4.3.4. I tried to make the the
mpich2 with the arm-linux-gcc and it works. I used the following
configuration:

CFLAGS="-static" CC=arm-linux-gcc ./../configure
--prefix=/mnt/ti_am1707_root/usr/mpich2-install --with-pm=hydra
--disable-f77 --disable-fc --disable-cxx --disable-sharedlibs
--host=arm-linux --with-device=ch3:sock

Also the make install process works fine. Then I compiled a small
helloWorld example with the mpicc for arm and it also works. When I run
the helloWorld example on the simulated processor I always got an
segmentation fault. For starting the program I use the following command:

mpirun -np 1 helloWorld

When I start the helloWorld program without the mpirun command I got the
right output. So I think the segmentation fault is caused by the mpirun
command but I don't know where and what I can do to solve the problem.

Best regards
Harald