[mpich-discuss] Porting MPICH2 to OpenMPI or ...

Eugene N neverov.biks.07.1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 04:02:34 CDT 2011

Hello

I am intending to use Cluster by Night linux (
http://www.dirigibleflightcraft.com/CbN/) to run a program(CbN's - its
small and uses existing dhcp servers). The only downside is this - the code
i want to run is written with MPICH, and CbN has OpenMPI;
So, basically - i am wondering, what would be the easiest way - to port
code to OpenMPI (is it a lot of work?), to build CbN with MPICH2 support
(probably many pitfalls because gcc/libc versions) or should i just drop
CbN in favor of something with has MPICH2 support?
In that case it must be also something live CD-ish, but i am in the dark
there;

Sorry for being a bit vague and maybe off topic; I really want the
foolproof and easiest way possible due to all the red tape involved in
getting lab guys give you time (

Waiting for opinions,
Eugene