[mpich-discuss] NO_Port Error

Cristina Montañola cristina.montanola at bsc.es
Tue May 31 18:59:38 CDT 2011

Hello,

I experience the same problem as Javad.

I installed mpich2 in Ubuntu 10.10. Those are the errors I get when
trying to initialize mpd

    cristina at cristina-laptop:~$ mpd
    mpd_uncaught_except_tb handling:
    <type 'exceptions.IOError'>: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
    '/home/cristina/.mpd.conf'
         /usr/share/mpich2/mpdlib.py  1407  get_parms_from_rcfile
             parmsRCFile = open(parmsRCFilename)
         /usr/bin/mpd  155  run

    self.parmdb.get_parms_from_rcfile(self.parmsToOverride,errIfMissingFile=1)
         /usr/bin/mpd  1647 <module>
             mpd.run()

    cristina at cristina-laptop:~$ mpdboot
    mpdboot_cristina-laptop (handle_mpd_output 420): from mpd on
    cristina-laptop, invalid port info:
    no_port

The file /home/cristina/.mpd.conf  has read and write access only by me
(700).

Can anybody provide some help? Thanks in advance.

Cristina

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer.htm