[mpich-discuss] How to check core load

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue May 31 09:15:09 CDT 2011

Hi Basak

If you are in Linux, use the 'top' command to see the processes.
Top has options to show the cpu/core number also, see the top man page.

Note that you are oversubscribing the cores.
You have 12 physical cores, but you're launching 30 processes.
For cpi, which is very short, it may be OK, but for heavier programs
it is not really good to oversubscribe.

My two cents,
Gus Correa