[mpich-discuss] reading Ascii files using parallel I/o

vvvnew at umich.edu vvvnew at umich.edu
Sat May 21 22:48:57 CDT 2011

Hi,
  I want to know if there's a general way to read and write ASCII data
using parallel input/output. I know there are only 3 Mpi data formats
'Native', 'Internal','External32', none of which support Ascii data. Since
all my input data is in ASCII and i also need the output to be in ASCII to
increase interoperability with other software, can someone suggest an
efficient way to get around this problem. Right now iam sending all the
data in and out through one node and makes the scaling pretty bad for large
datasets, so parallel i/o with ascii would make my life a whole lot easier.

Thanks

Sreenivas