[mpich-discuss] I can not run parallel programs when I do not have internet connection

Adolfo Vázquez-Quesada adolfo.vazquez at aer.mw.tum.de
Fri May 20 03:43:36 CDT 2011

More information about this problem. When I run mpdcheck I obtain

*** the fq hostname seems to be localhost

 Your fully qualified and unqualified names do not resolve to
 the same IP. This likely means that your DNS domain name is not
 set correctly.  This might be fixed by adding a line similar
 to the following to your /etc/hosts:
        $ipaddr             $fqhn   $uqdn

Best regards again.
Adolfo