[mpich-discuss] lnk 2019 error, hellow world on windows 7 (64bit), VS2008

Ryan Price ryprice00 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:28:51 CDT 2011

Thanks for your reply Jayesh.

I had the 64bit version of MPICH2 installed but do not have the 64bit
components enabled in VS. So I decided to try uninstalling the 64bit version
of MPICH2 and installed the 32bit version.

I tried running my helloworld program again and am no longer getting the
linker error I was previously :)  Unfortunately I know get another error :(

Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it. (10061)
Connect on sock (host=my.host.name, port=8678) failed, exhaused all end
points
Unable to connect to 'my.host.name:8678',
sock error: Error = -1

Maybe I didn't configure something correctly during setup. I would have
thought this was due to the firewall but I did make sure that mpiexec and
smpd are not blocked by windows firewall.  Maybe I just need to bite the
bullet and reinstall VS with 64bit components enabled and reinstall the
64bit version of MPICH2.