[mpich-discuss] Problem with make during installation of MPICH2

Dylan Parenti geogadmin at geog.ucsb.edu
Mon May 2 21:34:55 CDT 2011

Greetings,

We have the following environment (Solaris 10):

# uname -a
SunOS dantzig 5.10 Generic_141445-09 i86pc i386 i86pc

The following step during installation under the root account works with
no apparent errors:

./configure --prefix=/opt/mpich2 | & tee c.txt

But fails with errors with:

make | & tee m.txt

...and trying with:

make V=1 |& tee m.txt

...also failed identically to the first try. I even tried using a
different shell (sh instead of tcsh, using the appropriate syntax
changes), but the same errors at the same point occur.

The f77, f90, and gcc all seem to be "noticed" and all are in
directories stated in echo $PATH.

The m.txt, c.txt, and config.txt files are attached in the zip file.

Please advise?

Thank you,
Dylan

--