[mpich-discuss] Hydra: prefer localhost instead of first in host file

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 27 09:45:25 CDT 2011

Hi Torquil,

mpiexec -n 4 prog.exe (without any host file option) will always run
processes on the local node.

I'm assuming you are setting the host file asking Hydra to use hostA,
followed by hostB, followed by hostC. Hydra is doing exactly that. If
you don't want Hydra to do that, you should remove the hostfile option.

  -- Pavan