[mpich-discuss] MPI_Alltoallv with long* for displacements instead of int*

Raghu Reddy rreddy at psc.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:57:34 CDT 2011

Thank you Dave!

I'm sure it is obvious why I was asking for this, but just to be documented
in the thread I should have explicitly mentioned that the displacements I
was dealing with are larger than the value that can be held in an int.

Machines with more memory than 2 GB/core are fairly common, and if one were
to use 1 MPI rank per node, then it is very much possible to run into these
limits.

Should this be recommend to be considered for the next standard?

Thanks again for the prompt response!

--rr
Please Note: Email transcribed by speech recognition; May have unintended
words in some cases, especially when I fail to do a good job of
proofreading!

--On Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:36 PM -0500 Dave Goodell