[mpich-discuss] MPI_Alltoallv with long* for displacements instead of int*

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 24 15:36:08 CDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:25 PM CDT, Raghu Reddy wrote:

> Currently the type signature for this routine from the Synopsis is:
>
> #include "mpi.h"
> int MPI_Alltoallv (
>       void *sendbuf,
>       int *sendcnts,
>       int *sdispls,
>       MPI_Datatype sendtype,
>       void *recvbuf,
>       int *recvcnts,
>       int *rdispls,
>       MPI_Datatype recvtype,
>       MPI_Comm comm )
>
> Is there a version of this routine with long* instead of int* for displacements?

No, such a routine is not specified by the MPI-2.2 standard, and MPICH2 contains no non-standard extension that would accomplish the same thing.

The MPI Forum is currently considering possible fixes for general problem for the upcoming MPI-3 standard.  However, I am not sure that this particular routine will be addressed in any way.

-Dave