[mpich-discuss] Connect MPI application to a Web service

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:38:05 CDT 2011

Hi Hisham,

> I am searching for these APIs but I didn't find anything till now.

Did you look at the PMI docs? That sounds certainly related to, but I
wouldn't know if what you want or even how much sense it'd make for a
scenario like yours:

  http://www.mcs.anl.gov/uploads/cels/papers/P1760.pdf

Maybe if you read further into that --which I never have really-- you
could rephrase your question more precisely, in hopes the experts on
the list can help you pick your move in the right direction.

Sounds to me like a client-server approach where the server is
traditionally mpiexec-based might be simpler and cleaner than working
around the Hydra-provided abstractions and dealing with the inner
complexity directly. Then again, maybe there is a better way, or
something in-between? I don't know.

Regards,
Nicolás