[mpich-discuss] Error 123

Phelan Jr., Frederick R. Dr. frederick.phelan at nist.gov
Mon Mar 14 13:50:43 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have installed the 64-bit version of MPICH, and I am able to run the cpi example program.

I am now trying to run lammps. When I run the non-mpi version of lammps it runs perfectly, e.g.,
C:\LAMMPS\example\micelle>lmp-win-no-mpi.exe < in.micelle

When I try to run the MPI version using mpiexec I get the following:

C:\LAMMPS\example\micelle>"C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin\mpiexec" -n 4 -dir c:\lam
mps\example\micelle\ "c:\bin\lmp_win_mpi.exe < c:\lammps\example\micelle\in.mice
lle"

launch failed: CreateProcess("c:\bin\lmp_win_mpi.exe < c:\lammps\example\micelle
\in.micelle") on 'abcd123.nist.gov' failed, error 123 - The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

launch failed: CreateProcess("c:\bin\lmp_win_mpi.exe < c:\lammps\example\micelle
\in.micelle") on abcd123.nist.gov' failed, error 123 - The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

launch failed: CreateProcess("c:\bin\lmp_win_mpi.exe < c:\lammps\example\micelle
\in.micelle") on abcd123.nist.gov' failed, error 123 - The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

launch failed: CreateProcess("c:\bin\lmp_win_mpi.exe < c:\lammps\example\micelle
\in.micelle") on abcd123.nist.gov' failed, error 123 - The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Error posting writev, An established connection was aborted by the software in y
our host machine.(10053)
unable to post a write for the next command,
sock error: Error = 10053

unable to post a write of the close command to tear down the job tree as part of
the abort process.
unable to post an abort command.

Thanks for any help.

Fred

PS I am not subscribed, please send any answers direct for now.

________________________________
Frederick R. Phelan Jr., Ph.D.
Complex Fluids Group
Polymers Division