[mpich-discuss] trouble installing MPICH2 on Windows7-64

Timothy_Handley at nps.gov Timothy_Handley at nps.gov
Mon Mar 14 11:14:13 CDT 2011

I opened up a command prompt, and pasted in the command you suggested, and
that example program appears to work great. However, the wmpiconfig tool
still behaves oddly. When I open wmpiconfig, select my computer, and click
'Get Settings,' sometimes nothing happens, and sometimes I get that "error
=
inpsamo-psrmmw1: MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host." On the
left side, the name of my computer is in regular
black-text-on-white-background, or black-text-on-grey-background. If all
was well, I had expected it to be highlighted in green. Just for fun, I
tried to change one of the settings (log -> "yes"). This fails with a
timeout error. (note that I did all this while logged on as administrator)

Does any of that help?

Tim Handley
Research Assistant
Channel Islands National Park
(Will be working from both CHIS and SAMO)
SAMO Phone: 805-370-2300 x2412(Mon, Tue)
CHIS Phone: 805-658-5759 (Wed, Thu, Fri )

             Jayesh Krishna
             <jayesh at mcs.anl.g
             ov>                                                        To
                                       mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
             03/13/2011 06:32                                           cc
             PM                        Timothy_Handley at nps.gov
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [mpich-discuss] trouble
                                       installing MPICH2 on Windows7-64

Hi,
 Can you run an MPI program from command prompt (Try running the example
program cpi.exe provided with MPICH2. "mpiexec -n 2
C:\Progra~1\MPICH2\examples\cpi.exe")?

Regards,
Jayesh