[mpich-discuss] Determining latency of MPI communication routines

vaibhav dutt vaibhavsupersaiyan9 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:52:02 CDT 2011

Hi all,

This question might seem out of place but as I was not getting a reply from
the LLC bench
discussion group, I though I might get an answer here.
I am trying to determine latency of MPI communication routines through LLC
bench tool.
For MPI_reduce etc. it gives the message size and KB/s in the graph of the
results.
For finding the latency of the operation for a given message size I am
dividing the message size by
the transfer rate corresponding to that message. Is this the correct way?

Thank You,
Vaibhav