[mpich-discuss] Process termination with Hydra

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 13 22:09:54 CDT 2011

FYI, I had to revert this addition (what you are calling "sub-process
termination") from Hydra as it was having some unexpected side-effects.
For now, Hydra will only cleanup the processes that it spawned. If you
fork other processes in your application, you will be responsible for
cleaning them up. You'll get SIGTERM and SIGKILL signals in your
application, which you can catch and use them to cleanup any child
processes you might have spawned.

  -- Pavan