[mpich-discuss] Process termination with Hydra

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 12 00:24:29 CST 2011

Nicolas just pointed out a part of your previous email about this:

my application forks sub-processes. While I see that parent
application process quits, but forked sub-processed are still left
around. Another example is using valgrind (memcheck spawned process).
I often see that sub-process are left around if I kill application in
between. That makes me think that Hydra isn't cleaning sub-processes
properly.

I've added this support as well in r8222.

  -- Pavan