[mpich-discuss] mpich2-1.3.3 release canceled

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 11 01:44:54 CST 2011

All,

We had recently released 1.3.3rc1 and were in the process of releasing
1.3.3. However, we encountered an error that had to be fixed but would
change the ABI version. Therefore, to avoid ABI incompatible changes in
the 1.3.x series, we are canceling the 1.3.3 release and renaming that
to 1.4 instead.

We typically keep the second digit in our release process for (1) major
feature additions, (2) ABI incompatible changes. In this case, 1.4 will
not have any major features compared to 1.3.x, but will change the ABI
string. The current features planned for 1.4 are moved to 1.5.

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/roadmap

Thanks,

  -- Pavan