[mpich-discuss] APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Hangup (signal 1)

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 9 09:39:11 CST 2011

You might also want to try two things: (1) enabling core dumps on your system, in case your application is actually segfaulting, so you can use the debugger on it after the crash, and (2) use a very recent version of hydra that contains better error messages for segfaults and other crashes.  Pavan, does he need to use a nightly tarball or will 1.3.3rc2 work for him?

You can google around for how to enable core dumps, but "ulimit -c unlimited" will often do the trick.

-Dave