[mpich-discuss] Jumpshot and mpich2-1.3.3rc1

Jain, Rohit Rohit_Jain at mentor.com
Tue Mar 8 14:04:18 CST 2011

echo prints this:
/usr/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -jar /mpich2_debug/install-mpe/mpich2-1.3.3rc1/linux/lib/jumpshot.jar Unknown.slog2

If I set JRE_HOME to earlier used JAVA installation, then Jumpshot starts working.

So,
1) java installed on my machine isn't working with Jumpshot.
gij --version
gij (GNU libgcj) version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)

2) if above is true, does mpich2 provides compatible java version too with its installation? If it doesn't, are there guidelines on compatible JAVA versions?

3) Has JRE env been deprecated, as it doesn't work anymore?

4) --with-java= option still works with latest release. If used, it picks up default specified version during runtime, instead of machine installed.

Regards,
Rohit