[mpich-discuss] Problem in Installing MPE

vaibhav dutt vaibhavsupersaiyan9 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:55:28 CST 2011

Thanks for the help. I am trying to execute NAS benchmark across 2 Nodes,
each having 4 cores.
The execution works fine on a single node, but when I try to execute the
benchmark across 2 Nodes, I
get an error like:

mpiexec -machinefile hostfile.txt -n 8 ./ep.A.8
bash: orted: command not found
A daemon (pid 22973) died unexpectedly with status 127 while attempting
to launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpiexec noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.
mpiexec: clean termination accomplished

Can anybody please suggest the reason for this.

Thanks,
Vaibhav