[mpich-discuss] Fortran compiler cannot create executables

Hana Milani hana.milani at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 23:54:34 CST 2011

Hi,

I have installed mpich2-1.3.2p1 on opensuse 11.2 with gfortran and I have
successfully compiled the libraries blacs, lapack, scalapack on my core to quad.
But when I want to configure the final code enabling mpi when I type:
../Src/configure FC=mpif90 --prefix=/home/mpich2-install/bin

I receive the following error:

checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... configure: error:
Fortran  compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

How is it possible while I have compiled the blacs, lapack and the rest of the
libraries using this prefix? and I have tested the mpich I have installed it is
working properly.

I hope you would help me.

HANA